"Photography is the beauty of life captured."
- Tara Chisholm
** LIMITED TIME - birth photography promotion **
Whether you are expecting your 1st baby or your 5th, each birth literally occurs ONLY ONCE in your life. Each birth is special, each birth is unique, and each birth should be remembered. Go HERE for more information about this very special, limited time opportunity!
Shortly after your booking, we will get together, personally or via Zoom, to chat and get to know each other, discuss your birth plan, and answer any questions or concerns you may have.
Along with your digital gallery, you will be given a custom slideshow, set to music, beautifully documenting your Birth Story.
this sounds great!....so how much does it cost?
The COMPLETE Birth Photography package, which includes:
- 24/7 on-call time
- unlimited time at your birth
- professionally edited digital gallery
- pre-session consultation
- custom slideshow
is regularly VALUED at $1,750.00! HOWEVER, if you qualify for this portfolio promotion, you will get the Complete Birth Package for the DEEPLY discounted price of $650.00 - that is MORE than 60% off!!
Also, depending on your Due Date, payment plans are available or you can use the Gift Registry where family and friends can purchase gift cards to go towards your session fee. This option is perfect for your Baby Shower!
What is a Lifestyle Newborn Photoshoot?
- A Lifestyle Newborn Photoshoot has very little baby posing, is relaxed and casual, and is simply a time to photograph you and your new baby interacting together, loving on each other, and capturing the love and bond of your new family. Sessions are scheduled in the morning, approximately 10:00am. This seems to be the best time for babies and the family, and the morning light is always nice too! Immediate family only, please.
Why is the photoshoot at my home?
- There are a number of reasons I prefer to have the newborn photoshoot at your home. I believe it is a safer/healthier environment for your delicate new baby. Your baby is in an environment that is familiar and comfortable to him/her. If there are siblings that are part of the photoshoot, this is much more convenient for you and for them. I believe that capturing your family at home, relaxed in your element, without having to get yourself and your baby/children ready to leave the house, will result in more genuine and authentic images.
How old should my baby be for a newborn photoshoot?
- Because there is very little posing of your newborn, there is no “required” age range as some photographers may prefer. If you wish to schedule your shoot within a few days of birth or several weeks out, the choice is yours. With that said however, because babies grow and change so quickly, I do recommend scheduling your photoshoot prior to three months of age to capture those itsy-bitsy toes and adorable bums.
When should I schedule my newborn photoshoot?
- Parents often “pencil in” their photoshoot prior to baby's arrival, based on the expected due date. Depending on your preference, the photoshoot is scheduled one week, two weeks, five weeks, etc. from your due date. Once your baby has arrived, we will finalize a date that works best for you.
What kind of props do you offer?
- Sorry, I do not have a collection of swaddle wraps, baskets, or headbands. The perfectness of your newborn is what I want to capture. A swaddling blanket provided by you and a simple onesie, preferably white or other neutral tone, is all that is necessary. If you have a special family heirloom or other item you would like to include in some of the images, I would be more than happy to accommodate.
What is a Fresh 48 session?
- A Fresh 48 session is a very special photo session that is taken at your birth location within the first 48 hours of giving birth, and ideally, within the first 24 hours. This is a time when many firsts can possibly be captured, such as mom finally getting the hang of nursing, dad's first diaper change, or the family getting to meet the newest member for the first time. These sessions are relaxed, casual, and designed to capture those feelings of love and wonder as you discover your new baby.
Who can be present for the Fresh 48 shoot?
- Pretty much anyone you like can be present, siblings, grandparents, aunts and uncles, etc. This will depend on visitor restrictions/limitations at your birthing location. Some hospitals have strict visitor policies, so it is best to check with your location prior to scheduling a Fresh 48. If this is your situation, I also offer "Let's Go Home!" Sessions. Please send me a message to discuss this option further.
When do I schedule a Fresh 48?
- It is best to "pencil in" your Fresh 48 session during your 2nd trimester or early into your 3rd. The session date is based on your Due Date, with obvious flexibility. Because of the on-call nature of a Fresh 48 session, scheduling as soon as possible is best.
How is this different than a Newborn Session?
- My Lifestyle Newborn sessions are held at your residence several days or weeks after the birth of your baby. Although my newborn sessions are casual and relaxed, they are a little more structured, designed to capture the nuances of the new family dynamic. A Fresh 48 captures the "freshness" or newness of just getting to experience your new baby, capturing the physical details that are only present for just the first few days, or maybe just hours, and also documenting some of the early firsts your family may experience such as learning to nurse, change a diaper, or interacting with the newest sibling.
What does it mean to be 'on-call' for a Fresh 48?
- Because birth is unpredictable, the exact date and time of your session is not truly known until your baby arrives. For this reason, I have to be available and prepared for your call telling me your baby has arrived. This means, from the time I am officially on-call for your session (from 38 weeks until birth), I need to be available to arrive at your birth location within 48 hours of delivery, so my professional AND personal schedules need to be planned with this on-call status in mind.